Old April 11th 05, 01:54 AM
250biodiesel

"Peter D. Hipson" wrote:
> Up to 20% bio-diesel can be run in diesel engines without
> modifications. Running more causes problems with hoses and
> seals, and
> may be harder on the injection pump. Bio diesel will 'dirty'
> up the
> fuel filter more often. Bio diesel has better lubricity over
> straight
> diesel.
>
> FWIW, I run B-20 in my Hummer. And I'm happy.
>
> On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 21:21:24 -0500, "be3805"
> >
> wrote:
>
> >just wondering are you planning on converting the diesel to

> burn used
> >vegetable oil? I was wondering due to you name

That is great you are running on B20, but I must correct you in that
running biodiesel is dirtier for your vehicle and will cause more
problems. That "dirt" is if you have ever run your engine on
dino-fuel and the bio-d actually forces these "dead dino parts" to
push through the system. Yes you will need to change fuel filters for
quite some time after starting the bio-d program, but in the end (or
is that out the end) choosing to run bio-d is a win-win for everyone.
I plan on making bio-d in the garage. If you have a diesel look into
1. converting or 2. or making your own. If your of that persuasion.

thanks for the answer to my starter q. Appreciated.

Now I need to figure out how to get the top screw off of the starter
so i can get it rebuilt. Screw is in a tight spot and I don’t have the
right tool-or even know the right tool
Any thoughts?
thanks again.

Topic URL: http://www.autoforumz.com/4X4-starte...ict109910.html