Old November 9th 11, 02:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Default Eliminating PT Cruiser "smell"

I have an original '01 PT LTD. Unfortunately I had to leave it stored
outdoors for over 4 months. Now that its back in service I noticed
that some critters may have set up house under the hood. I blew out
all the nuts, leaves, etc that I could see, but when driving there is
an acrid smell eminating from the vents. At first it smelled like
burnt leaves(which it could have been if some had been lodged on the
manifold), but the smell is more of a "sour" one. Also, I don't think
there is a cabin air filter on this model.

Has anyone any ideas as to how one might rid the car of this smell
without having to rip it to the bones (which is not going to happen).

Thanks all.