Old May 20th 09, 05:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
GRISWOLD3

Default LS200 Windshield Wiper Problem

On May 19, 2:57*pm, "Oppie" > wrote:
> "GRISWOLD3" > wrote in message

> > Hi all - The Wipers on my 2001 LS200 will not return to the home
> > position when turned off. Instead they stop about half way across the
> > windshield. They work fine when running & do make a complete cycle.
> > This is pretty annoying. Any ideas?
> > Thanks,
> > Griswold

> Sounds like the cam that drives the shut-off switch slipped position. Not
> sure if this is a brute force switch that shuts off the wipers in the 'home'
> position or a low power switch that signals the BCM (body control module)
> when to cut the motor power. If I get a chance tonight I'll check my '01 L
> series service manual. I have the lw300.
> * * Oppie

Thanks so much for investigating this. I tried pushing the wipers with
the motor on to try & re-position them. This did change the exact spot
they parked in slightly but now they're more on the top of the
windshield. Anyway maybe this bit of info is of use to you.
Thanks again & I look forward to your help!
Griswold