Old July 18th 06, 09:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Box134

Default Punishing GM for killing electric car

It sounds like you've been watching the PBS program Now. They had multiple
conspiracy theories, all based on junk science, or more like no science.
Right now it's technically infeasible to store enough energy in batteries to
make an electric car useful for the majority of people, so they won't buy
them. Maybe some day, but I doubt it. They've tried multiple chemistries for
batteries and there are only so many possibilities. Nothing beats liquid
fuels for energy density.

I'd love an electric car, but I want transportation, not a hobby.

ups.com...