Old October 5th 12, 10:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
AllanW[_2_]

Default Back from the dead

>"Max Welton" > wrote in message

The engine will be a 90.5x82 2110 with MegaSquirt FI, throttle bodies from
an 1999 Honda Interceptor VFR800 and hydraulic lifters. I'll be applying
everything I learned from my Megasquirt type-3 project to this engine.

Max
<

Man, that looks awesome! The type 3 is very cool too - I always wanted an
early one.

I was going to put a 250 HP subaru 3.0 into my Transporter, but that's been
canned, as the deal fell thorough selling the 2.5 conversion I already have.

So now... I'm wondering about putting Megasquirt onto my stock 1600TP in my
1200 Beetle :-) I had an early MS kit, when I was building a type 4 turbo
motor.

EFI is SO much better than carbs - the control is awesome and it's quite
impressive how much fuel it saves!

Allan.