Old January 10th 11, 04:11 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Stef[_2_]

Default Winter tyres

In alt.autos.alfa-romeo,
Dave Savage > wrote:

> "Stef" > wrote in message
> . ..
>> In alt.autos.alfa-romeo,
>> Dave Savage > wrote:
>>>
>>> Is that "Stef from the other side" ?

>> ?

> Since you had said :
>
> " Just testing how fast the old 156 would still run and just over 200kph I
> suddenly realized I was running on 'T' tires... "
>
> I wasn't sure if you had in fact survived !!

Ah, that other side. :-)

Don't worry, the 'T' tires didn't blow up instantly over 190. :-)
(Maybe they will in the movies)

Guess doing over 190 at high temperatures with full load for a long
period of time would not be advisable. But under light load at lowish
temperatures they should be OK for a while. But as I was not out to test
that theory and liked to be on the safe and legal side, I slowed down to
160, which suddenly seemed rather slow.

> Dave S..... (with a huge >) as I've just seen my 1st road-going 8C -
> spotted in Raynes Park, SW London at about 15:00 hours today. I wonder if he
> was doing the school run. Nah, seems a bit unlikely. )

Nice! So far only spotted a few stationary ones on alfa days myself.

--
Stef (remove caps, dashes and .invalid from e-mail address to reply by mail)

If you think before you speak the other guy gets his joke in first.