View Single Post
Old June 14th 18, 04:14 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Mazda tribute, 6 circuit codes

Thanks for the reply. I replaced the PCM a year ago for the well known issue of plugs and coils burning up the pcm. I replaced pcm and plugs and coils with recommended parts. While doing so, the throttle body, intake manifold, egr, and IAC were thoroughly cleaned. I will revisit the IAC.

I understand that codes do NOT always point to the true problem. I could see o2 codes being caused by other emission issues etc. My o2 codes are heater circuit failure codes, my egr code is circuit failure codes, along with the purge solenoid circuit failure codes. The idle issue when codes set seem to feel like when the egr has vacuum at idle. I had it happen close to home and pulled in driveway, yanked the egr hose and it settled right back to normal. i am not sure if there was vacuum or egr was stuck open a tad. Either way that in itself should not trigger circuit failure codes.

I am trying to find the common denominator of the circuit codes. the purge and all 4 02's share the same fuse and power wires. I have tested power to be ok. As you know it needs drive cycles to trip the codes, making testing trickier. I road tested egr and it was opening and closing just fine, that makes me feel I cant just assume pcm is shot.
Ads