Old February 5th 05, 03:49 AM
Steve W.

Bad tank of gas with lot's of water/crud. It keeps plugging things up.

> History:
> Fuel pump quit working over new years. I replaced and it drove fine.
> I drove one 300 mile trip then another 300 miles of city driving with
> no problems.
>
> It got real cold (irrelevant?). I drove for 25 miles with no issues.
> I filled up with gas (irrelevant?) after work and drove 10 miles and

it
> started acting up.

Notice how it started right after you filled up?
Pump out the tank. Fill with known good fuel. Replace the fuel filter
again.
Brt the problem goes away.

--
Steve Williams
Near Cooperstown, New York

Pacifism - The theory that if they'd fed
Jeffrey Dahmer enough human flesh,
he'd have become a vegan.

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Can someone please help me figure this out? I am really stuck.
>
> I have a 1995 CHEVROLET TRUCK ASTRO VAN 2WD
> 6 Cylinders 262 W 4.3L CPI. 105,000 miles
>

> Symptoms:
> The van is cutting out like it is running out of fuel while driving.
>
> I let the van warm up first before a test drive. It drives okay (not
> great) at first, then it starts acting like it is running out of gas.
> It bogs down and stalls when I accelerate. I tried flooring it and it
> wants to die. This problem is progressive meaning it is getting

worse;