Old October 23rd 04, 05:31 AM
Connor Maxwell

On 19 Oct 2004 18:59:27 -0700, (Laura M) wrote:

>We just bought a 2005 Honda Pilot. We've only had it for 4 days but
>we love it! I've heard discrepancies as to what type of gas to put in
>it. The owner's manual says a minimum of 91 octane, but I've heard on
>different websites that regular gas is okay. Does anyone know for
>sure?
>
>Thanks!
>
>Laura M.

Check out
www.hondapilot.org. There were reports that Honda had
issued a correction for the part in the manual which specifies the 2K5
Pilot to use 91 octane gas. From what I read, they're saying that 87,
the usual regular gas octane rating, is what's recommended.

I didn't read it carefully since I have a '03, but go have a look.
Most likely wanna do a search for "2005 AND octane".