Old September 12th 18, 04:01 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default muffler

I wanted to be a cheapskate, and other things, and get my old muffler welded, but when I took it off I found a 3/4" hole on top where the retainer strap held it. Is this some kind of be-metallic effect? I want a new one now (autozone $32.99), so when I install it should I put a fiber glass pad up there to protect that spot? Except for that hole and the front pipe snapped off the thing should have been good for a few years yet.

Best thing about it so far is I reconnected with an old buddy who has lots of tools.

Nils K. Hammer