Old June 17th 18, 05:54 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge

Default Dodge Intrepid 2.7L engine problems Replace with 3.2

On Saturday, December 18, 2004 at 4:17:48 PM UTC-5, maxpower wrote:
> yup, being doing it for Chrysler for 26 yrs, You will find that different
> zones have different problems, If i had to guess i would say there are more
> of the problems you are talking about in the colder climate areas. and i was
> still told that most of it was the improper viscosity oil and lack of
> maintenance
> "toyota1" > wrote in message
> lkaboutautos.com...
> > Im surprised that you are a chrysler tech and havent seen any chains or
> > 2.7s fail, the local chrysler dealer here says they do 3 to 4 per month--
> > timing chains or engine replacements due to sludge or lower end failures--
> > must not be too common yet in your area. I looked up intrepids on the

> local
> > auto trader and found 12 listed with blown 2.7l engines.

Max power... I appreciate your years of working on the Dodges. Please Would appreciate your business email so I may pick your brain for advice on my Dodge Intrepid 2003 2.5 she runs good, but there are hiccups at times. Over 150,000 miles This is the second engine.
Lady Laura