Old October 30th 06, 06:31 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Will Honea[_1_]

Default Help with 1989 Cherokee XJ LTD rough idle and acceleration

Sitting a long while then getting this miss after a warm start would
lead me to make sure the distributor cap is dry inside. I've had them
build up moisture that was benign until I got it warm enough to
evaporate and re-condense up where it was shorting the spark. A
cracked or caboned cap can do this, too. See if starts and runs OK
from a cold start next time. If so, suspect moisture in the
distributor or some other igniton part.

--
Will Honea