Old December 19th 08, 08:23 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.makers.honda
Hachiroku ハチロク[_2_]

Default What about these gifts to Toyota

On Fri, 19 Dec 2008 07:10:31 -0800, N8N wrote:

> Name one top quality American product available at any price. I will
> bet you that it falls under one of the following categories:
>
> 1) I already own it or am considering purchasing it.
> 2) It is a product that I have no use for.
>
> There's a lot of products that are simply not available in top quality
> form from any American manufacturer. The reasons for that are not the
> fault of any one individual consumer, and I refuse to feel guilty for
> purchasing foreign made products in that instance.
>
> nate

Yup.

But the problem is, while an American made unit may be "Top" quality, you
can usually find one Made In Japan for 2/3 of the price, and just as good.

Sometimes I need something for a special purpose, or a single use, or to
perform some crazy experiment with. Then it's off to the Dollar store
where the "Made in China" label is prominent. I know it's only going to
last one or two uses (or less if I'm trying some crazy experiment...) but
I also probably saved a boatload of money, too.