Old July 26th 08, 04:53 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default Problem pumping gas, pump cuts off immediately as if full - isthis a know problem? (2005)

On Jun 12, 11:52*am, "Frank ess" > wrote:
> Namehere wrote:
> > Known problem
> > something with the filler neck and a sensor
> > Dealer may have a recall on it ?

> > > wrote in message
> >> Does anyone know how to fix this problem? I have a 2005, 6
> >> cylinder, convertible.
> >> When I got gas last weekend it was half full, I started pumping the
> >> gas but the pump cuts off immediately, as if it were full. By
> >> repeatedly pumping a quick shot of gas before it cuts out *I was
> >> able to get $5 dollars worth and I thought at that time the
> >> problem was the pump. Today Im just about completely empty and
> >> went to a different gas station and same problem. I get a quick
> >> shot of gas and the pump cuts out immediately. It took about 15
> >> minutes to fill up half way. Has anyone else had this problem?
> >> Thanks

> Yes, there is a TSB on that; until you can get it to the dealer for
> repair (new tank?), many folks report turning the nozzle upside-down
> eases the process.
>
> http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...mustang-gt-tec...
>
> --
> Frank ess

Hey it is not the pump or the gas tank
it happened to my vehicle and a friend of mines
all you need to do is blow out the venting tube
u can bring it to the mechanic and ask them to blow it out for u for
about $15
or u can do it urself by locating the venting tube in the gas cylinder
where u place the pump, you stick ur finger in there and feel around
for a small hole and then take an aircompressor n blow into it until u
here bubbles. try and u will have the fastest gass fill up since it
started to act up
if you have anymore questions email

Fodchuk