Old May 4th 05, 10:39 PM
Joey Tribiani

"Lorem Ipsum" > wrote in message
> [... attributes lost ...]
> > as a follow up, please Dan-d-man tell me why a helium balloon will burst
> > when you release it into the "sky"?....the pressure inside the balloon
> > decreases the higher it goes..but it still ruptures

> True. The pressure inside the balloon lowers as the atmospheric pressures
> lowers, and the ballooon ruptures because it expands beyond its elasticity
> (elasticity is lost mostly due to stretching but also in part by the low
> temperature of the environment), but what's the point of the observation?
> How does it relate to Dan's position?

it relates simply because dan is proposing that stepping on a balloon will
in essence *raise* the pressure till it pops...it won't...the pressure
inside is just displaced from under the foot and the balloon stretches until
the surface ruptures.... what he thought it had to do with tires, I don't
know either, but he was kinda swinging at something, so I posed the question
to show that the balloon will still pop when the reverse of what he believes
happens...that's all...