Old August 15th 16, 01:01 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default 2013 Hyundai Sonata - Caster at low end of Spec Rangel

I am also considering minus- or downsizing my wheels and tires - reducing width and rim diameter but taller sidewalls to maintain speedometer and stability control.

I read numerous articles and spoke to other driving enthusiasts that wider, lower profile tires wrapped around larger diameter rims are more sensitive to steering inputs as well as road imperfections. Exactly the opposite of what I want.

So it might just improve straight ahead feel to go 'minus-one' - from 17" to narrower 16" wheels and get higher profile tires to maintain the aforemention speedo and safety items. Will also be helpful when crunching through snow or ice.

Better to err on side of a higher indicated speed(1-2mph) than the other way.