Old March 9th 11, 08:02 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Mark[_27_]

Default Emissions test failure - no OBDII communication

Wow.. believe it or not, it was actually his code reader that was
problematic. I had a new OBDII scanner that I got from amazon a few
months ago. Just for curiosity, I hooked it up and it was able to get
a reading. So I took it back to him and passed the emissions this
time.

I didn't think it was his code reader as I saw 2 guys, before and
after me, pass the emissions while I was there. So somehow his code
reader didn't work only on my car. But today it took just a minute for
him to get a reading and give me a Pass certificate.

Thanks all for your help.