Old April 9th 09, 03:17 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Bruce Burden

Default Rav 4x4 on the beach

wrote:
:
: Can the 2009 Rav 4 handle some light beach driving so that I may do
: some surf fishing?
:
Yes, with caveats. Realize that very soft sand is a trap for
most any vehicle.

So, I would suggest that you walk your path first, and check
the sand before driving on it. If you start to sink in the sand,
I'd think very carefully before attempting to drive on it. And,
make sure you have room to turn around.

Also, DO NOT spin your tires. If you get stuck, and try to
power your want out, you are most likely going to sink furthur
into the sand. This will make getting your vehicle out much, much
harder.

Carry a shovel with you, as well as some boards you can put
under the tires to help you get out of loose sand. The sand will
be easiest to drive on below the high-tide mark. Getting there
is generally the trick. :-)

Bruce
"I like bad!" Bruce Burden Austin, TX.
- Thuganlitha