Old August 21st 06, 01:52 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Bill[_5_]

Default Check Engine Light Came On

BRUCE HASKIN wrote:
> Bill,
> Yes your "stupid lojack" system is always on and so is your clock in the
> radio, so some power is also going to the radio. (be sure to check your
> radio for the "theft code" if it has one) Westco is one batt. that will
> work. (some people have had results with other makes.)

Thank you- do you mean that the Lojack is broadcasting all the
time? I bought the car with a brand-new-that-day Mazda brand battery,
and it never held a charge for more than a week during the winter, or
overnight in subzero weather. Hell of a way to run an airline! I was
wondering if the Lojack, like a cell phone, will communicate with a
cell every now and then like it or not. (Old analog phones, anyway.)
I say 'stupid' Lojack because it is worthless here in Maine, and
I cannot get anybody to buy it, take it out for free, or even tell me
how to disable it, JIC it is the trouble with the battery.
It sat at the repair shop for six days, and was dead as a
doornail- at least it reset the ECU, which makes the car idle too
slowly at first- just what you want with a dead battery.
Anyway, thanks for the help. I'm just gonna call up the local
indie foregn car place and take their advice on batteries, the cheapest
the best.

-Bill