Old August 20th 06, 12:41 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Bill[_5_]

Default Check Engine Light Came On

Peter Chupity wrote:

> On my '98, the 1135 code means the front O2 sensor ~heater~ has gone
> open circuit. I had this happen, and replaced the sensor with a generic
> version (required splicing leads) as the dealer didn't feel this was
> covered under the emissions warranty. The generic was cheap enough and
> the install simple enough that it wasn't worth arguing.
>

> > If anybody can tell me what those codes are, I'll send you
> > something really nice if you like music. (If you don't, I'll think of
> > something else!)

> What kind of music???

The shop didn't run the car yesterday as I asked, so cheapo
Mazca battery was dead as a...whatever. Damn thing never did hold a
charge, I wonder if the stupid Lojack is always on and draining????
Anyway, the code is clear, and has stayed clear for the 35
minute trip home, so perhaps all was bogus and all is well now....What
do people do for batteries on these besides Mazda brand?

As to music- Mark Knopfler is coming to Boothbay in Sept to do a
benefit, tix are obscenely priced, but leftovers will go on Ebay, and I
suspect there might be a bargain to be had there- $500 for concert and
after party with Mark will probably go for fifty bucks..Keep an eye on
Ebay in coming weeks.
Thanks again for all the help..

-Bill