Old August 15th 06, 06:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Peter Chupity

Default Check Engine Light Came On

In article .com>,
says...

> Thank you again, but my local Mazda dealer courteously told me
> to fork off, I'd have to come in with the car to tell me what OBD 1
> code # 7135 (or 1135- writing was terrible) denotes. At, I assume,
> their minimum rate of 1/2 hr and 40 dollars.

On my '98, the 1135 code means the front O2 sensor ~heater~ has gone
open circuit. I had this happen, and replaced the sensor with a generic
version (required splicing leads) as the dealer didn't feel this was
covered under the emissions warranty. The generic was cheap enough and
the install simple enough that it wasn't worth arguing.

Post mortem on the sensor showed that the connection to the heater
element had broken off at the braze. I think it's a manufacturing
defect...

> If anybody can tell me what those codes are, I'll send you
> something really nice if you like music. (If you don't, I'll think of
> something else!)

What kind of music???