Old September 5th 05, 03:29 PM
ymenard

>"Byron Forbes" > wrote
> "ymenard" > wrote
>> That's great and all... but its still fantasy cars and tracks. I also
>> have no interest in that.
>>
>> The community will make or kill this sim. How long will you be driving
>> those few tracks and cars befor getting bored? Quick.
>>

> You can surely see that actual tracks and series will be coming out of
> our arses in no time.

Nobody knows that. There's a few determinated groups, but will they really
do much? Will they move on to something else in 6 months? I say wait and
see how it develops, how the game is supported officially especially. A
patch will be needed, but will they do more than that? Will they build
community tools?

> 4 days in and we have 1 mod and 1 track - what did we have for GPL (or
> anything else for that matter) after 4 days?

We were having too much of a blast racing, you know, on *real* tracks with
*real* cars. Its not even comparable. The fact that you are comparing
rFactor to a sim release SEVEN years ago speaks for itself.

--
-- François Ménard <ymenard>
-- This announcement is brought to you by the Shimago-Dominguez