Old October 20th 18, 06:45 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Leon van Dommelen[_2_]

Default Group dead?

On Thu, 18 Oct 2018 17:32:58 +0200, Robert Klemme wrote:

> On 18.10.18 14:18, lorivanb wrote:
>> replying to XS11E, lorivanb wrote:
>> I hope not because I have my first question:Â* Water is leaking into the
>> compartment below where the spare tire sits.Â* There is NO water anywhere in
>> the trunk, including all the junk I have in there, or on the carpet cover
>> itself.Â* Any ideas?

> I do not know that model, but it sounds like it could be the drains from
> the roof.

I would think so too. The model is obviously the NB, as the NC and ND do
not have spare tires, and only the NB has it below the trunk. I believe the
water that comes off the rear soft top area is ducted internally to holes
in the bottom of the car. I think there are instructions somewhere on
miata.net for how to clear those drain holes. They have some rubber
one-way valves that you do not want to upset. My NC did. (And since
I did not manage to clear the holes from the inside top area, I cleared them
from the bottom of the car anyway, one-way valves be damned.)

Leon