Old June 20th 15, 04:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Valerie

Default Mazda Miata puffing white smoke after idling

My 1996 mazda Miata puffs out white / heavy smoke after idling at light or
stop sign.

replaced head gaskets and did all top engine work while it was apart. got it
back and it still smoked a little and got worse the more I drove it. replaced
pcv valve, still smoking, cleaned throttle body, still smoking.

after first work was done, I had some issues with the trans, it would not go
into gear and it died sometimes, added trans fluid, and it did fine for a
while longer, now trans fluid is down again but is not leaking on ground.

Is the trans fluid somehow burning off thru the exhaust?

I am lost and so is my mechanic. Please help

--
posted from
http://www.motorsforum.com/mazda-mia...ing-25254-.htm