Old December 22nd 15, 11:33 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Doug Chadduck

Default Brand new here looking for advice where/how to sell 88 BMW weinherited.

On 12/22/2015 6:49 AM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
> Doug Chadduck > wrote:
>>>

>> Thanks. I sent an email to them and to the local East Bay rep. Hopefully
>> something good might come from it. This is very different than when my
>> old Toyotas or Mazdas got old and I just wanted them gone for a few
>> bucks. Thanks again for the lead.

> It's not a super valuable car, but it's a super fun car to drive and it has
> followers. Because it has followers, advertising out of state can actually
> be a win. People won't come cross-country to pick up a Toyota, but they
> will often be willing to do so for a clean BMW from that era.
>
> Alternately you can just keep it and drive it and it will make you smile.
> --scott

It's starting to look like a used car lot around here. I just quit
working so my workhorse commute old Corolla just got replaced with a new
Tacoma. So it will be the family "spare". That leaves my old 88 Mazda
pickup and the BMW up for grabs. If insurance weren't so danged
expensive........You're right, it's an awfully fun car to drive and it
likes to go fast and does so with ease. That's what would get me in
trouble. Enough is enough. It has to go. One day. Yup. That's the ticket.