Old February 8th 06, 04:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default 2002 Honda Civic

On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 06:46:05 -0800, jim beam > wrote:

>creditcontrol wrote:
>> Am having a problem with the key not turning in the ignition unless I shake
>> the steering wheel violently. Mechanic says there's nothing he can do! Any
>> suggestions?
>>

>yes. find someone that really /is/ a mechanic, not just someone that
>charges you money for just /saying/ they're a mechanic.

However in this case the "mechanic" was right. It is normal for a lock
cylinder to stick when there's pressure against it from the steering
wheel lock.

You don't need to have it fixed and you don't need to shake the steering
wheel violently. Just move the wheel a fraction of an inch to get the
pressure off of wthe steering wheel lock and the ignition key will turn.