Old February 8th 06, 02:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default 2002 Honda Civic

creditcontrol wrote:

> Am having a problem with the key not turning in the ignition unless I shake
> the steering wheel violently. Mechanic says there's nothing he can do! Any
> suggestions?

If you"ve never lubed the ignition lock, (or previously used OIL) get a
tiny aerosol can of LockEase and shoot it in all five of your locks.
Makes your feel like Honda NEW. Wipe your keys for a while because it's
messy stuff. If it's worse when cold, the linkage may need to be
adjusted. Does it work perfectly if you stick the key in the slot on top
of the steering column, per the manual? how many miles on the beast?

'Curly'