Old December 21st 05, 08:40 PM posted to rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.air,rec.autos.driving,misc.consumers

Default Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays???

> Your putting sneer-quotes around "Christ," "Christmas," and "Bible"
> would seem to reveal a certain hostility on your part toward all
> things Christian.
>

> Geoff

Not at all. I just think it's truly ironic that the Christians stole a
pagan holiday, then many Christians rejected the new version of the holiday
BECAUSE it included Christ, then the Christians finally accepted Christmas
as a mostly non-religious holiday named after a person the Christians
believe in . . .

And now many Christians complain that the winter holiday should be just
about Christ, forgetting that the inclusion of Christ almost killed the
holiday completely, as most people (even certain Christians) were NOT OK
with the holiday including a celebration of the birth of Christ.

Keep Christ in Christmas? Heck, that almost killed Christmas!!! -Dave