Old June 29th 05, 02:37 PM
trainfan1

Johns.junk wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a 1973 mustang coupe (351C, FMX). I'm thinking of replacing the
> stock hood with a NASA type.

NACA, technically. NACA was the predecessor organization to NASA &
developed the "duct" we are familiar with.

http://images.google.com/images?&q=n...ct&btnG=Search

BUT, you will get much better search results with a search on "NASA"...
that's what Ford used(Ford wanted to associate with the popular NASA
space program).

http://carpartsdiscount.zoovy.com/product/528186A
http://www.mustangsunlimited.com/ite...p?T1=16612B+01

> 3. Is it difficult to replace the hood yourself? I have some
> mechnical experience (ok, I rebuilt the engine by myself once, and the
> suspension twice). If I had an engine hoist or some other kind of
> lift, would I be able to replace the hood with the help of a friend?

Didn't you take the hood off to get the engine out?

> Or should I just let a professional do it?

The paint, if you use the factory-style blackout, is tricky...:

http://www.mustangmonthly.com/howto/63658/index1.html

> 4. If I should let a professional do it, any names in the Phoenix
> Arizona area that I should inquire with?

Rob