Old January 14th 14, 09:45 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Default Service traction control?

On Tuesday, March 12, 2013 6:07:54 PM UTC-4, brian wrote:
> My car (an 06 C6) is talking to me again, this time a warning that my
>
> traction control needs servicing (30K mi.).
>

> What's up? Before I throw myself under the mercy of the dealer, is
>
> this something I can "service" myself? I am handy, though at 68 a bit
>
> stiff if much crawling is required.
>

> Ideas?

As a general note - when your getting error codes and 'out of the blue' warning indicators - check your battery.

My 06 used to tell me the tires were flat (not) and then after driving in 'crippled' mode for 10 minutes - everything was a-ok. I'm guessing you still have/had the OEM battery. Mine went south at 18K miles and 5 years (I'm a second owner - original owner put less than 8K mikes on it in 4 years).

Time and duty cycles are your batteries enemy - Vettes drain power continuously and the OEM battery was what they got from the lowest bidder.

Might save you or someone elase some unnecessary pain.