Old March 13th 13, 12:20 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
brian

Default Service traction control?

On Tue, 12 Mar 2013 18:57:51 -0700, Rufus > wrote:

>brian wrote:

>>> I'm not here to take away your responsibility to decide when your car is
>>> "OK" to drive, all I can tell you is that it has happened to me and I had no
>>> control problems. Also it seems that after the warning comes on that it is
>>> passed the disconcerting right front brake grab that is minor on mine but
>>> disconcerting. I drove mine for 2 years and wiped the warning off with an
>>> OBDII program maybe 5/6 times with no problems. The real problem remains
>>> unknown and can be something of which I have no experience.
>>>
>>> Did you search the NHTSA database to see if there is a recall on your car?
>>>

>> Thanks for the insights. I'll check out the recall list. You take away
>> nothing for me, I was just asking for an opinion/experiences.
>>
>> So..... off to LA I go....
>>

>...the 405 is a MESS through Westwood, if you have to go past there.
>Don't plan on any on/off 405 access from the UCLA area between Sunset
>and Wilshire...this as of my trip last night. *Late* last night...

Thanks for the report.

I've been driving up to Culver City from San Diego (on the 405) for
close to a year now. Every other week and it is always a mess
somewhere, it's LA!! So many of us, all going and going fast.

I am usually in the fast lane doing between 75 and 80. I mostly drive
an old Sienna (trying to ware it out) but this time it's the Vette's
turn. Makes for a bit better driving experience. Although that could
be debated, considering LA and all.............