Old April 27th 10, 12:38 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

Default under the hood

"Professor" > wrote in message > I guess you have a
different view of inexpensive than me.
> I purchased a Mazda3 GT here in Vancouver in 2006.
> At the time, I thought it was a better choice than a Miata because I had
> to haul around dogs and stuff.
> That hasn't happened and I've drooled over Miata's ever since.
>
> The full blown version with the retractable hardtop sells for 40K here.
> Add the various hated taxes and it's really 47K you're putting out.
> Ouch!!!!
>
> Professor

Agreed, that's allot of cash but what can we do but look at the alternatives
out there. Pretty slim pickings, I would say. I've resigned my self to used
examples and it doesn't bother me a bit. Let somebody else suffer that
initial depreciation. I've done great on buying used ones with very little
lost value even while putting on allot of miles. If you are patient when
shopping values are out there. Of course it doesn't hurt that the basic car
is near bullet proof!

Chris
99BBB