Old April 26th 10, 08:07 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Professor[_2_]

Default under the hood

On 4/25/2010 4:02 PM, Me wrote:
> On 26/04/2010 5:51 a.m., Professor wrote:
>> I just recently subscribed to this NG so forgive me if this has been
>> discussed many times before but.....
>>
>> Why hasn't Mazda offered the more powerful engine from the MazdaSpeed 3
>> for the Miata.
>> It seems to me a natural for those looking for a "bigger bang".
>>

> People wanting a "bigger bang" should perhaps instead go buy a Boxster S
> or some convertible boulevard cruiser with a big engine.
> Honda made the S2000, - essentially just a Miata with more power - and
> it was so commercially sucessful that they stopped making it.
> Hopefully the next model Miata will keep to the roots of what made the
> car an unprecedented success. Lightweight, reliable, and inexpensive.

I guess you have a different view of inexpensive than me.
I purchased a Mazda3 GT here in Vancouver in 2006.
At the time, I thought it was a better choice than a
Miata because I had to haul around dogs and stuff.
That hasn't happened and I've drooled over Miata's
ever since.

The full blown version with the retractable hardtop
sells for 40K here. Add the various hated taxes and
it's really 47K you're putting out. Ouch!!!!

Professor