Old February 26th 08, 03:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Christopher Muto

Default Help with accelleration

no, the fuel filter was suggested next before the tps.
also, even oem or nkg wires are supposed to be replaced every 30k.
let us know how it works out. good luck.

"williemcd" > wrote in message
On Feb 25, 8:48 am, r0lliSl1fe > wrote:
> On Feb 24, 2:18 pm, williemcd > wrote:
>
> > I'm a yutz when it comes to automotive repair so please bare with me.
> > 95 MX with 95K. It's had pretty good maint during it's life. Turns
> > over with less than one rev of the engine. However, after driving 4-5
> > miles, it spits and sputters. Keeping the peddle to the floor, it
> > eventually catches for a bit and then back to spitting etc. Plugs,
> > air, fuel are perfect. A neighbor backyard mech. suggested TPS?
> > Throttle Positioning Sensor? Does this make sense to the experienced
> > owners? Any other areas to look into?
> > Thanks in advance. Bill McDonald

> All the above are good, but I'd had a similar issue and it turned out
> that the battery cable was frayed in the trunk. It actually wasn't
> frayed at the battery, it was frayed where the cable was bolted to the
> interior of the trunk, presumably to take off tension? Didn't work
> too well, but a new battery cable is no more expensive a repair than
> any of the above, and its really easy to tell. Give it a quick look-
> over.
>
> -r0ll

Tks for the responses! 1st off I'll try the gas cap. It is stored
outside and within a heavily wooded area. The wires were replaced
about 35K ago. The battery cables check out looking good. Guess if
none of the above fix,on to the TPS. Once again, tks for all of the
suggestions.
Bill in Va.