Old October 31st 04, 09:55 PM
Steve

The only reason many people (like me) buy a Saturn is because (for most
older and some new models) they CAN be towed 4-down according to the Saturn
and will still be covered under warranty. RTFM!

The transmission pump in many Saturns is spun by the wheels and not the
engine. There are several other vehicles that operate this way and can be
towed 4-down, many other vehicles allow it under limited speeds/mileage
because they are either designed very well and/or get a low level of
lubrication without the engine running. For those vehicles that don't get
enough circulation, you can install an aftermarket "lube pump" from the
likes of Remco Towing.

As for the suggestion made in another post to tow with the engine running,
that's just plain dumb! If the engine doesn't overheat from poor air flow,
the power steering pump doesn't fail from fighting the turning wheels, there
is always the chance of it slipping into gear and push both vehicles off a
cliff.