Old November 13th 04, 06:24 AM
Philip Nasadowski

In article >,
"B. Peg" > wrote:

> Maybe the throttle control motor (looks like a black solenoid) plunger
> mounted on the side of the throttle body is carboned up. Toothbrush and
> throttlebody cleaner are the Rx after pulling the small Torx screws holding
> it in come out.

At that point, it's best to remove the entire assembly and give it a
good cleaning with throttle body cleaner. Don't use carb cleaner, even
though it's cheaper. Believe it or not, the TB cleaner really is a LOT
better.

The TB comes out with 2 10mm bolts. Don't kill the gasket

Remove the sensors and clean clean clean. I bet it's really dirty in
there.

Once you put it back, give everything a lookover for any cracked,
rotted, or missing vacuum lines - these two can cause grief with varying
idle.