Old April 20th 05, 06:16 PM
Steve Sears

JP,
Didn't you say that the dealer found that they _were_ replaced a while back
under the silent warranty programme - once their IT guys got their ducks in
a line? - As with my other post, considering that ball joints are indeed a
wear item, and do wear out on most cars, it is possible you could take your
complaint to AoA if the lifespan of the replacements were less than most -
at best, they'd cover some of the replacement cost (although it may be
unlikely if the replacements were done at the independent garage with parts
purchased through channels other than Audi (dunno if that's possible or
not).
Cheers!
Steve Sears
1987 Audi 5kTQ
1980 Audi 5k
1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes
(SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)