Old April 20th 05, 04:56 PM

Steve Sears wrote:
> JP,
> I'd venture that it's not necessarily the "make" but the "dealer" who

is
> mistreating their customers - maybe you should consider going the

extra 100
> miles to the other dealer - post on Audiworld and here asking what

the rep
> of the other dealership is - and while you're at it, post the name of

the
> dealership that you had problems with so others can avoid lousy

treatment.
> If the independent is a good shop and does great work, why not

continue with
> them?

This is the same complaint heard over and over all over usenet, no
matter what make. If the dealer makes a mistake, the manufacturer is
at fault (so the reasoning goes.) If the dealer is crummy at CS,
somehow Audi is the problem. It may be that the control arms were
under-engineered. But the dealer was the problem to begin with, saying
work had been done when it had not. Audi didn't have anything to do
with JPR's out-of-pocket, other than a problem with under-engineering
(which is still a maybe.)

I agree that the name of the rep and the dealership should be made
known. So that if any one of us finds ourselves in that area, we know
where *not* to go.

It would still be better if JPR got a Toyota or Honda product. That
way, when he has a problem, and goes to a newsgroup to complain,
they'll be able to tell him the same thing. After questioning his
truthfulness, because everyone knows that Toyotas and Hondas don't
break down. Don't laugh too hard, I've seen it.

In the end, Audi's not much on the hook for this one. The dealer,
however, is.

E.P.