Old February 13th 05, 05:52 PM
Brock Bolton

Well, dunno if this will help, but I had a similar problem in my 98 SC1 a
few weeks ago. The car would rev high at idle for no reason. Turns out it
was a faulty engine temp. coolant sensor (ECTS), which is an easy repair...I
did it myself for the cost of $20 part. Check out www.saturnfans.com and do
a search for ECTS replacement. The old ECTSs are resin tipped and crack
with time. If you haven't had yours replaced, this may be it. The new ones
are brass tipped.

Hope this may help!

"Ben" > wrote in message
> Today.. All of a sudden the engine wouldn't idle when stopped.. It would

rev
> up and down... It was strange.. It happened to me once before and I

noticed
> it happens when I run the AC... After I turn off the AC and put it in
> neutral and stablize the idle.. It will idle fine... Very strange.. The

only