Old January 30th 12, 05:25 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Brent[_4_]

Default T-Frog -- All You Need Is a Turbo Tuneup.

http://www.stangtv.com/news/video-tu...450-hp-on-most...

>>> I like the end of the article when the list starts adding up... and then
>>> there's getting the suspension and rest of drive train to handle it (or
>>> even use it) for the long term. And while that car has 140K on it, I
>>> doubt the drivetrain or engine does.

>> I know a couple guys who put blowers on 5.0s with that sort of mileage
>> and ran them for a couple years without issue. Mild boost though --
>> 6lbs.
>>
>> Patrick

> Like anything, longevity has a lot to do with how much foot you put
> into it and how often.

And that's where factory power wins. The whole car is built around
people putting their feet into it considerably more than most people
would. The manufacturer has warranty costs to avoid for the whole car.
Nobody who makes the parts for modding a car has to worry about the
other parts that might break from the additional power. That's the
owner's problem to think it through and try to figure it out before
finding the weak points the hard way.