Old May 11th 09, 12:42 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Zathras

Default I Don't Believe It!

Car failed to start yesterday afternoon. First proper fail to proceed
in 8 years. Not too shabby.

However, I suspect the immobiliser is playing up. It cranked fine (for
as long as I could be bothered holding the key!) and I could hear the
fuel lift pump so I'm suspecting the immobiliser is playing up :-((

AA man arrived in good time and, after setting off the alarm by
entering the car using just the key (who still does that these days?!)
the car fired up like a good un!! My neighbours face, who heard me
turning it over for substantial periods, was a picture - you could
hear his jaw drop. AA man was well pleased at an easy fix and time for
a chat!

Car's been ok since. Anyone any experience of this sort of thing?

Also, how the hell does the emergency start procedure *work*? It says
in my book turn the key to MAR, press accelerator fully then wait for
the engine warning lamp to flash - er no it didn't. Fell at the first
hurdle..any ideas..anyone?!

Scotland
Alfa Romeo 156 2.4JTD Veloce Leather
'Oil' be seeing you..
(Email without 'Alfa' in subject will be auto-deleted..sorry!)