Old October 18th 04, 03:52 AM
misterfact

"marx404" > wrote in message >...
> As most of you here know, I work at a Saturn dealership. I think you might
> find this interesting on how Saturn treats thier employees and thinks of
> people.
>
> Last Wed night while driving home down a dark I95 southbound, I drove into a
> very heavy rainstorm. In a second's time, with no time to react, a wheel
> came out of nowhere and smashed in the front of my 94 SL2. The wheel came
> off a car going northbound on the highway, crossed a deep grassy median,
> struck me with such velocity that it bounced on my hood and flew over 3
> lanes of 95. I found the driver and the wheel the next day. My car is
> totalled. The saturn saved my life. Seems the driver didnt have lug bolts in
> his tire and the entire wheel came off while he was speeding. He has no
> ins., is a ghetto bro and the car is stolen. I reported this to the FHP and
> they said they cant do anything, nice. At least I am alive, one more foot
> higher and it would have been the windshield.
>
> I had the car towed to work. My ins. came out and declared the car totalled.
> I asked my boss for a loaner until I can get another car. (remember I sell
> cars?) He saw this as an opportunity to sell me something instead of helping
> me out and tried selling me some of the most expensive cars on the lot. our
> dealership is doing poorly and I am damn nearly broke, espacially due to the
> hurricanes, so I cant afford much.
>
> My boss and the GM refuse to give me a loaner car to get to work. To make
> matters worse, I am borrowing my wifes car to get to work which she needs to
> get to her work, so I am displacing her. Her car is on its last legs.
>
> Saturday, my boss took ing a beautiful used SL and tolfd me I could have it
> for $3K. I was finally relieved and happy that he was finally going to help
> me like he promised so many times. An hour after promising me the car, he
> sold it. Then and only after me telling him how upset I was, he came up to
> me and said:
>
> "Retail comes before people"
>
> This must be Saturns new logo. Then the General Manager called me and told
> me that "I" have a bad attitude????? And offered me an unsafe used car to
> drive for "a few days" I drive 65 miles a day on the hwy, no good. I told
> him I need a safe car to drive and would like the car checked out , his
> reply was " I drive used cars all the time w/o checking them out" and "you
> can look at the car and tell if it is safe".
>
> In the meanwhile they are working me to the bone and wont give me any time
> off to look for a new. I am one of the top salesman there but I can tell you
> now that I came there with a love for Saturns and the company and now feel
> deeply betrayed and insulted. I am so tired and upset and so is my family
> (who all own saturns). My next car will not be a saturn.
>
> "Retail comes before people"
>
> I guess they are no longer "a different kind of company" when they treat
> [...]

Thanks for your post. If more victims like you would take the time to
post their stories on the internet- a great thing might have happened.
Saturn would be out of business and all their potential customers
would go buy a quality car from a reputable car company and all of
Saturn's employees would have jobs with that reputable car company!