Old September 23rd 05, 12:53 AM
sdlomi2

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> 2002 Buick Lesaber 30K miles, vibration starts at 75MPH. Steering
> wheel does not vibrate. I have replaced rims and tires from another
> car that did not have this type of vibration. These wheels and tires
> did not stop the vibration. I do not know how long/miles the vibration
> has been there. Is the fact that the steering wheel is not vibrating
> point to a mechanical problem in the rear of the car? Maybe a wheel
> bearing. Alignment issue? Give me some idea what it could be?

Yes, it would indicate a rear vs. front--if one end is the culprit.
Assuming so, check the rear tires for *out of round*; remember, a box can
be installed onto an axle, spin-balanced, and rotate smoothly--and yet it
definitely won't ride smooth!
Check them yourself by raising them just an inch or so above ground.
Lay an oil bottle squarely on its side and up close to a tire. Carefully
spin the tire, by hand, and watch how close the tire approaches the
stationary bottle as it rotates. High spots will narrow the gap, and low
spots will widen the space(DUH!). If found out of round, have them trued
and then balanced, and enjoy the quiet, smooth ride Lesabres are capable of.
HTH, s