Old April 3rd 16, 03:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Steve Stone[_5_]

Default Is the Chrysler 3.5 engine any good?

On 4/2/2016 10:18 PM, KC wrote:
> replying to General Schvantzkoph, KC wrote:
> I have a 99 , 300 m with 159,650 miles on it. Have had some issues with
> other
> area's in this car. First two years it was flat beded in five times . Spent
> more time at the dealership being repaired in the first two years! Numerous
> other issues too. Last week driving at 55mph I started hearing this
> terrible
> noise coming from under the hood . Took it to a local repair shop and found
> out it has spun a bearing and atleast one if not more pistons are
> hitting the
> cylinder head. Any used engine put back in it would be a big gamble and
> probably throwing money away ! Still has other issues that needed to be
> looked
> at and repaired. Definitely not very dependable !

Wow, 159,000 miles and it finally wore out.
Did you use synthetic oil or regular oil? Did you do oil changes on
schedule?
Just trying to anticipate what to look forward to since I am the
original owner of a 2000 3ooM with 42,000 miles.

STeve