Old January 24th 06, 11:46 AM posted to alt.autos.audi

Default TT experiences please

> My son is thinking of taking the plunge and purchasing a used TT. He
> especially likes the quattro model however, the 4wd (AWD?) is not really
> necessary in our part of the world. He likes it because it looks bad a_ _.
> Looks are no small part of the lure of this car as you know.
>
> Good / bad recommendations?
> Certain years models to avoid?
> Performance difference between the NA and the turbo quattro?
> Reliability issues between NA and Turbo?

Although Quattro is superfluous in many areas it does have the advantage of
a better rear suspension setup that gives better handling than the FWD
version.

I assume when you talk about the NA version it's the 3.2 VR6 you're talking
about. I don't think you have any particular worries about reliability
except for the well known coil-pack issue on the 1.8T engine. From reading
reviews etc the 225 1.8T version has very similar performance to the 3.2 but
better MPG. So unless you son really wants a V6 he'd probably be better
sticking to a 225. There's almost certainly a greater choice of used turbo
models anyway