Old August 20th 05, 10:09 AM
Jeff Reid

> Is it just me or are the moderators at RSC even more restrictive than
> ever?

Getting back on topic (from my previous posts), look at what's happened
recently at RSC. One of the (ex?) moderators at RSC now works with or
for First / iRacing, which is sending legal threats to a lot of web
sites that host NR2003 mods. For example, look for iRacing on this
web page: http://thepiratebay.org/legal.php. (Pirate Bay may be a bad
example, but no one else posts the legal threats they receive).

One of the developers of Live For Speed was (is?) a moderator
for RSC's Live For Speed forum. (Live For Speed now has it's own
forums).

I'm wondering if RSC will allow posts or links to any mod for
any game anymore. Finding and downloading mods for games is one
of the main reasons I visit game forum sites, so I'll have to
search elsewhere now.

I started two threads about slicks for all cars in Live For Speed.
Mods to allow slicks for all cars have been created for S1 and S2.
In the first older thread regarding S1, any link to such a mod was
not allowed at RSC because the author of one particular mod is
banned at RSC. In the more recent thread regarding S2 alpha, another
RSC (ex?) member created such a mod, but RSC also removed the link to
that mod.

If you're intersted, the LFS S1 slick mod can be found he
http://www.phlos.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=6
(you'll need to join and reply to the thread to unlock the mod,
but no money is asked for).

The LFS S2 slick and other mods can be found he
http://koti.mbnet.fi/kegetys/lfs/