Old December 29th 17, 02:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
MoPar Man

Default '02 300M "HomeLink" feature seems to be fading.

Percival P. Cassidy wrote:

>> =================
>> The EVIC may be going bad. You can pick them up for like $20-30
>> shipped from the Facebook group 300M Intrepid Concorde LHS LH Parts
>> For Sale - Wanted - Trade (at
>> https://www.facebook.com/groups/156286451246784/ ) so if it's bad it's
>> cheap and if not you can re-sell it for only the cost of shipping and
>> the 5 mins it takes to swap it.
>> ==================

> I ran the car back about 20ft. from the garage door and was able to
> close the door using the HomeLink button but then could not open it
> again even when the car was almost touching the garage door. I did power
> down the opener and powered it up again, but that didn't make any
> difference.
>
> I don't see any EVIC modules listed on that FB group. Is it just a
> matter of asking?

I don't ever go to Fecebook (I have all fecebook hosts/domains blocked
in my HOSTS file) so I can't say what they're all about.

But if you go to ebay and search for EVIC 300m you'll see a few dozen
for sale. Apparently they were the same units for some Jeeps too?

Prices are from $30 to $100. I'd pick one up from ebay if I were you -
the cheapest that looks like the right one.

Also -> Note this.

Some have suggested that the type of lights you have installed in the
garage door motor unit will affect reception - although I would think it
would affect the unit's remote button as well as the Homelink radio.

Try removing the lights and see if you get your range back. The idea is
that incandecsent bulbs cause little or no interference, but CFL's and
LED's can (or do).