Old February 19th 13, 07:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
AllanW

Default Got lots done, but lots of drama!

On Tuesday, 19 February 2013 16:00:02 UTC+13, John wrote:
> Your,re right with BME cars increasing debt. ie namely mine!!. Snapped
>
> axles, collapsing diffs, rust, 1st gear/diff ratio so low it was really a 3
>
> speed box.
>
> Bodies basically a good design but mechanicals - ugh.
>
> Don,t ever recall seeing that "base" beetle as you described over here.
>
> Likewise early 70,s on beetle sales fell off.
>
> John

Haha - sounds like a great car!

My neighbour has 2 Austin Healey 3000's, and MG convertible and a Rover RV8. They are all immaculate, and he makes jokes all the time about them being old piles of English crap :-)

My Beetle also developed a fuel leak from the hard line in the engine bay - replace with 350 PSI hose now :-D Maybe it's cursed or something!