Old July 22nd 07, 09:48 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
The Reverend Natural Light

Default L98 Exhaust

I've had 2 L98 C4s with aftermarket exhaust. First one came with a
chambered exhaust of unknown origin and sounded awesome. Deep smooth
rumble at idle and not too loud at full throttle. Second one was
stock so I put on a pair of Flowmaster "American Thunder" mufflers
(not the whole cat-back unit). It didn't sound as nice at idle and
was obnoxiously loud at full throttle. At cruising speed it resonated
so loudly that parts of the interior would rattle. It was cheap,
though.

I'd really recommend hearing one in person before spending the cash
and installing it. The Flowmaster was a real disappointment.