Old February 19th 07, 05:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson, PE

Default The Big 2-1/2 ?

http://tinyurl.com/2m5lsq

>>> I don't see it...

> Guys, I must stress the fact that there's a winky at the end of the line
> above.

What!?!?!? You're not serious?

>>> Given its line-up, or the possible new entries they "could" build, I
>>> can't figure out why Chrysler isn't rolling in money. It should be
>>> Chrysler buying GM, not a near-bankrupt GM trying to finance a buyout
>>> of Chrysler.

>> I would have thought Chrysler was solidly in the black too.

> Here's a recent story from CNN:
> http://tinyurl.com/yr4g3l
>
> Apparently, things ain't goin' so good.

The deal to sell Chrysler would have more hair on it than a gorilla. It
wouldn't surprise me if they never find a buyer.

>>> Hey, if it were me, I'd buy Chrysler, then dump Chrysler and just
>>> keep Jeep. Then I'd come out with the first-ever Jeep coupe, Jeep
>>> sedan, Jeep (true) station wagon.

>> Jeep is the reason Chrysler bought AMC. It certainly wasn't for the
>> AMC cars.

> Ramblers. Saw an awesome 390 AMX the other day.

My Mother drove around the the four-wheel drive Eagle compact (late 70s
vintage). It actually wasn't a bad car for the time.